Re: UK Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) review

From: Jan Velterop <jan_at_BIOMEDCENTRAL.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:31:55 -0000

If one assesses an institute's productivity by the papers from its
researchers, and one rates those papers with the help of journal impact
factors, is it not the case that one should expect the results to be in line
with the citation counts for those papers? Is it me or is there a circular
argument here?

Jan Velterop