Re: The archival status of archived papers

From: Christopher Gutteridge <cjg_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 01:33:32 +0000

I'm considering adding version control to the files. This is going to be
needed for the oft discussed j-prints (eprints with peer review)

I think for archives like ECS letting the author un-deposit then resubmit is
probably OK, but bad for cogprints. I'm considering adding it as an *option*
which the archive admin can enable/disable.

This is definitely a quality vs. quantity issue. ECS EPrints is already such
a state I don't think it can hurt. Cogprints is another matter.

Suggestions of a perfect(better) solution are more than welcome.

--
    Christopher Gutteridge -- cjg_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk -- +44 (0)23 8059 4833
                                                                  ,___O<