Re: Oxford-University-Press/Oxford-University-Eprint-Archive Partnership

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 02:07:22 +0100

The partnership is a splendid idea, but please note that there is no
logical or practical reason for University X to fill its Eprint Archives
solely or even primarily with University X articles published in
University X Press journals! The target content is of course University
X articles in *all* journals.

But Oxford is certainly no mere university X, nor is OUP any old journal
publisher! So this project is a timely and imaginative one -- as long as
it clearly projects beyond the kick-start OU/OUP partnership to the
self-archiving of all of OU research output!

Stevan Harnad