Re: The Special Case of Law Reviews

From: Terry Martin <martin_at_LAW.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:03:34 -0500

I don't think you are correct. I suspect most law reviews are extremely
reluctant to permit self-archiving, as many want the articles that have
been submitted to pre-print services withdrawn before the reviews will
accept them.

>(6) I suspect, though, that the California Law Review may be in a minority
>among Law reviews in this regard, as Bernard Hibbitt's influential
>article in 1996 went a long way toward encouraging a "green" policy
>among Law Reviews.
>
> Hibbitts, B. J. (1996) Last Writes? Re-Assessing the Law Review
> in the Age of Cyberspace. New York University Law Review 615
> http://www.law.pitt.edu/hibbitts/lastrev.htm

Harry S. Martin III
Henry N. Ess III Librarian & Professor of Law
Harvard Law School
511 Areeda Hall
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138