Re: Free Access vs. Open Access

From: Sally Morris <sec-gen_at_alpsp.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:50:17 +0100

Sorry for belated response

I think it is perfectly reasonable (and in no way a denial of Open Access)
for a publisher to wish to retain the right to sell derivative copies of a
work, even if in its original form it is made freely available. After all,
they've got to recover their costs somehow - and if they recover more from
other sources, they will not need to ask authors to pay so much.

Sally

NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS - PLEASE UPDATE YOUR RECORDS. THANKS!

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Phone: +44 (0)1903 871686 Fax: +44 (0)1903 871457
E-mail: chief-exec_at_alpsp.org
ALPSP Website http://www.alpsp.org

Our journal, Learned Publishing, is included in the
ALPSP Learned Journals Collection, www.alpsp-collection.org