Re: Yahoo and Open Access

From: Kat Hagedorn <khage_at_umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:32:47 +0000

    [Forwarded from OAIster mailing to authors at the 268 institutions
    whose OAI Archive metadata are harvested by OAIster -- and now
    also Yahoo]

As you may or may not be aware, OAIster has partnered with Yahoo! to
provide its metadata from Yahoo! Search. Since your records are a part
of OAIster, they are now included in Yahoo! Search. You can try this
out by going to http://www.yahoo.com/ and typing a query in the search
box at the top of the page.

Naturally, we're pleased to be able to more widely disseminate academic
content. We'd be very interested in hearing if your statistics have
shown a change between February and March of this year (the service
went live at the beginning of March).

See our official press release at
http://www.umich.edu/news/index.html?Releases/2004/Mar04/r031004 . If
you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing
from you.

-------------------
Kat Hagedorn
OAIster/Metadata Harvesting Librarian