Re: Central versus institutional self-archiving

From: David Goodman <David.Goodman_at_LIU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:41:38 -0500

Not to oversimplify, and recognizing the differences in academic and research organization between countries, if the UK does own way and the USanother, we will have what is usually called a natural experiment. I too would have prefered they had left it to individual choice, but if they don't, lets get at least the benfit of the resulting information. Maybe even within the the first year the operational differences will become clear. I at least do not feel able to confidently predict which it will be, and my personal view and preferences do not affect the issue.
--David

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University