Survey of DOAJ journals

From: Sally Morris (ALPSP) <"Sally>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:30:33 -0000

I mentioned earlier that I'm trying to organise a collaborative exercise
to look at all the DOAJ journals, identifying (a) how many articles
(i.e. 'citeable items') they have published in total and (b) the date of
the most recent item. This requires 14-15 volunteers to take 100
journals each; I have rather less than half that number of volunteers
at present and wonder if anyone else would be interested in spending a
weekend on the web doing this? I think it would be valuable
information

In addition, it has been suggested that comparable information should be
collected from non-OA new journals (launched at any time in the past 7
years). I think the publishers themselves would need to supply this
information and I'd be very grateful for any such.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Sally

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Phone: +44 (0)1903 871686 Fax: +44 (0)1903 871457
E-mail: chief-exec_at_alpsp.org <mailto:chief-exec_at_alpsp.org>
ALPSP Website http://www.alpsp.org <http://www.alpsp.org>

ALPSP Learned Journals Collection (in partnership with Swets)
awarded Best STM Information Product for 2004
( http://www.alpsp.org/ALJC/default.htm
<http://www.alpsp.org/ALJC/default.htm> )