Re: Free Access vs. Open Access

From: Charles W. Bailey, Jr. <cbailey_at_UH.EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:39:33 -0500

In spite of my saying that I would give Stevan the last
word, I'll add one clarification: It was not my intent to
imply that Stevan had not made major tangible contributions
to OA in the form of his many invaluable software and other
projects. Nor was I trying to imply that Stevan had not
made major theoretical or other contributions to OA, or that
OA was not "real work." Nothing could be further
from the truth. Since my posting can be read that way, I
offer my apologies.

Best Regards,
Charles

Charles W. Bailey, Jr., Assistant Dean for Digital Library
Planning and Development, University of Houston,
Library Administration, 114 University Libraries,
Houston, TX 77204-2000. E-mail: cbailey_at_uh.edu.
Voice: (713) 743-9804. Fax: (713) 743-9811.
DigitalKoans: http://www.escholarlypub.com/digitalkoans/
Open Access Bibliography: http://info.lib.uh.edu/cwb/oab.htm
Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography: http://info.lib.uh.edu/sepb/sepb.html
Scholarly Electronic Publishing Weblog: http://info.lib.uh.edu/sepb/sepw.htm