Re: BBC cites a preprint from arXiv

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:35:51 +0100

Usually it's New Scientist that picks these stories up (they have
grown-up physicists working for them), and indeed the BBC ran a story
based on an arxiv preprint (hep-th/0501068) in March 2005(http://
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4357613.stm) . So it's not the first,
but I can't find any other examples.

Paul Rincon, the journalist who produced this story, has about 22
stories based on Nature articles and 10 based on Science (if you take
the results of a Google search for "site:news.bbc.co.uk Paul-Rincon
journal-Nature").
---