Promoting Institutional Self-Archiving

From: Minh Ha Duong <haduong_at_CENTRE-CIRED.FR>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:47:08 -0000

Dear all,

  I want to sell to the higher-ups at my national research institution
the idea of an open evangelization mission to promote open archiving. I
think that just them saying "now everybody on the payroll SHOULD archive"
is likely not to be efficient enough. We especially interested in the
department of Social Sciences and Humanities, which comprises a few
hundred lab or research teams.

What do you think ? Do you know of any instances of such institutional
effort to promote OA ? How did they went about it, and with which results
?

Thanks for your attention,
Minh
--
Minh Ha Duong, Chargé de recherches au CIRED, CNRS
http://hal-shs.ccsd.cnrs.fr/aut/ha-duong