Re: Green Party Green on Gold but not on Green (fwd)

From: (wrong string) édon <jean.claude.guedon_at_umontreal.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:44:06 -0400

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

Le mardi 13 septembre 2005 à 20:45 +0100, Stevan Harnad a écrit :
> The following posting from Jean-Claude Guedon was not received, so I am
> fowarding it to the list. I shall not be responding to any more of
> Jean-Claude's messages as they have become too ad hominem and intemperate.
>
> Stevan Harnad

Hmmmm... Interesting reaction : when the policy discussion becomes too
difficult... :-) 'nuff said!!!

One general summary ineluctably emerges from this long discussion: the
issue of mandating subsidized journals remains very much alive and
deserves more thinking and strategizing, SH's attempts at dismissal
notwithstanding...

Any data, figure, examples from whatever country would be most welcome
and I hope some of you will send this information to me
(jean.claude.guedon_at_umontreal.ca). I will summarize and share, of
course.

The best way to approach this issue is to ask: which proportion of the
scholarly journals in your country are *not* subsidized directly or
indirectly (direct = cash; indirect = access to space, equipment and
working force) by public funds.

Many thanks to those who will accept to send in this information.

Jean-Claude Guédon
--
Dr. Jean-Claude Guédon
Dept. of Comparative Literature