Finland

From: (wrong string) édon <jean.claude.guedon_at_umontreal.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:13:47 -0400

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

I recive the following information from Professor Kuusela:

"There are about 70 peer reviewed scientific/scholarly journals
published in Finland. All of them are at least eligible for public
funding."

I am not trying to get a fix on the number that are actually subsidized.
But a structure exists for subsidies to journals, just as in Chile.
Presumably, some journals do make use of these subsidies. My knowledge
of Finland - a wonderful country in passing - is that Finns are not
terribly gifted for masochism... :-)

jcg

--
Dr. Jean-Claude Guédon