Re: Dlib article has errors

From: Susanna Mornati <mornati_at_CILEA.IT>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:25:34 +0200

Let me provide an explanation for the Italian situation, since I collected
data for this survey in March 2005. As Stevan points out, at the
moment there are 19 Italian repositories (12 with EPrints sw) in the
Institutional Archives Registry at http://archives.eprints.org/.

Nonetheless, four archives do not belong to academic institutions, so
according to its organizers they were outside the interest of the survey
which originated the D-Lib article:
http://biblio-eprints.bo.cnr.it/ (research centre CNR)
http://e-ms.cilea.it/ (research centre IIMS, not existing in March,
moreover there is a double record for it in the registry)
http://eprints.rclis.org/ (disciplinary archive E-LIS, based in Italy but
international)
http://eprints.stoa.it/ (research centre STOA, just launched in March with
a few records for test purposes)

Other two archives are academic but not in use:
http://eprints.cab.unipd.it/ (installed in 2002 but not yet launched, with
a few records for test purposes)
http://mmdb.sissa.it/ (abandoned last year, when migrated to DSpace).
So, 7 academic repositories were working with EPrints sw in March 2005 in
Italy, 6 from the Institutional Archives Registry , plus an EPrints
installation at the University of Messina (never registered, but this
summer it migrated to CDSware).

I made a very careful analysis, collecting data directly from Italian
repository managers, who I publicly thank.
I have not read the D-Lib article yet, I just speak about the Italian data
behind it.

Hope this helps,

Susanna Mornati
Coordinator PLEIADI, http://www.openarchives.it/pleiadi