Re: Further precisions on the Finnish situation

From: Kimmo Kuusela <kimku_at_WELHO.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:42:05 +0300

>Can I follow up and ask out of interest (a) are all these journals in the
>romeo/sherpa database? (b) How many of them are grey/green/gold journals
>respectively?

I just found, via DOAJ, a new Finnish open access journal, Human
Technology: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Humans in ICT Environments.
To my knowledge, it is so far the only journal that has an explicit open
access statement or self-archiving policy. However, earlier this year
the Ministry of Education recommended that all journals should allow
postprint self-archiving.

http://www.humantechnology.jyu.fi/about/terms-and-conditions.html
http://www.humantechnology.jyu.fi/submission/copyright.html
http://www.humantechnology.jyu.fi/submission/agreement.pdf

The Journal is published by the University of Jyväskylä, which means it
is 100% subsidized.

In addition, I would classify eight other Finnish journals as open
access journals. These include:

Annales Academiæ Scientiarum Fennicæ Mathematica
http://www.math.helsinki.fi/Annales/Anna.html
(it's a yearbook, so is it not a journal at all?)

Annales Botanici Fennici (printing disabled, Impact Factor 2004: 0.494)
http://www.sekj.org/

Annales Zoologici Fennici (printing disabled, Impact Factor 2004: 1.078)
http://www.sekj.org/

Boreal Environment Research (Impact Factor 2004: 0.989)
http://www.borenv.net/

Silva Fennica (Impact Factor 2004: 1.506)
http://www.metla.fi/silvafennica/index.htm

-- Kimmo Kuusela