Re: Do PrePrints and PostPrints Need a Copyright Licence?

From: Sally Morris (ALPSP) <"Sally>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:21:49 +0100

I seem unable to post to JISC-Development Digest from my current email
address but I daresay everyone reads this list too!

Sally

From: "Sally Morris (ALPSP)" <sally.morris_at_alpsp.org>
To: "jisc development discussion forum" <JISC-DEVELOPMENT_at_JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

Not a direct response to this issue, but it is interesting (and perhaps
worrying) that our study showed up the fact that 18% of Full OA journals
do not require any copyright agreement (whether licence or transfer) from
authors, leaving the copyright status of the journal's contents completely
unclear; at the other extreme, 14% do require authors to transfer
copyright

Sally

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1903 871 686
Fax: +44 (0)1903 871 457
Email: sally.morris_at_alpsp.org