Re-publishing of scholarly articles

From: Adrian Dale (Creatifica Associates) <"Adrian>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:48:59 -0000

Building on Arthur Sale's point about plagarism and the value of OA in
helping stamp it out, I'd like to add another benefit of OA that I find
as an Editor.  I now test all of the manuscripts submitted to me against
internet repositories to check whether the manuscript has any substantial
overlap with published material submitted by the authors (or others).  I
am also now encouraging authors to self archive their pre and post prints
and indeed provide them with a "authorised" PDF for release at each stage
of the editorial process.

Adrian Dale
Editor
Journal of Information Science