Re: numbers of IRs

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:22:25 +0000

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Kuil, van der Annemiek wrote:

> The article "Academic Institutional Repositories: Deployment Status in
> 13 Nations as of Mid 2005" by Gerard van Westrienen en Clifford Lynch
> may help you:
>
> http://www.dlib.org/dlib/september05/westrienen/09westrienen.html

This report was already both inaccurate and out of date at the time it was
released, almost a year ago (later published in D-Lib Sept 2005).

    "Academic Institutional Repositories
     Deployment Status in 13 Nations as of Mid 2005"
     Gerard van Westrienen & Clifford A. Lynch
     http://www.dlib.org/dlib/september05/westrienen/09westrienen.html

    "Dlib article has errors"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/4777.html

Presumably those who wish to report current IR numbers will want
current figures. ROAR, DOAR and OAIster are just approximations, but
they are the best figures we have today.

Stevan Harnad