New Eprints Wiki

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:13:12 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:49:02 +0000
From: Christopher Gutteridge <cjg_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: EPrints.org Technical List <eprints-tech_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] New Wiki

*** EPrints technical list - http://software.eprints.org/tech.php/
*** EPrints community wiki - http://wiki.eprints.org/

I've made the new wiki appear at wiki.eprints.org - and the old one
is now at wiki2.eprints.org.

I'm hoping that with the improved wiki software people will find it
eaiser to add their own tips and guides etc.

Maybe there should be a "requests for information" node which you can
add to, or, if you know an answer, create a new page from.

As ever the tech list should remain the place for discussion, but if you
happen to have an answer or tip that you feel should be preserved,
put it on the wiki instead, and just reply to the list with the URL.

The reason for this is that a wiki is a much better store of actual
knowledge than a mailing list archive.

Please *don't* move over the patches and scripts - I'm planning
to set up a seperate site for those.

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/people/cjg
Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/