- [10/20] Submit your work to AAAI W17, details will follow!
- [10/20] Stay tuned for our Communications Biology paper on Transfer Learning Bone Marrow Cell Types From Mouse to Human
- [09/20] My talk on The Wearables Medical Revolution is on YouTube
- [07/20] El Pais, the leading newspaper of Spain, featured our work on Digital Contact Tracing
- [07/20] Tune in for my Cambridge Computer Lab Seminar on 3 Aug!
- [07/20] In light of Covid19, our work on Epidemics from 2014 may be the first to have addressed digital contact tracing!
- [09/19] Our ISWC paper shows how transfer learning using Cascades gives superior performance for HAR.
- [08/19] Our paper accepted at KDD 2019! Watch the video.
- [03/19] Our paper accepted to PervasiveHealth 2019.
- [03/19] Joined editorial board of IMWUT
- [03/19] I'm General Chair for Ubicomp and ISWC!
- [01/18] Joined the Editorial Board of EPJ Data Science
OverviewWelcome! I am an assistant professor in the ECS department at the University of Southampton working in the vision, learning and control VLC Group . The focus of my research is on machine learning, particularly deep learning, often applied to health-related applications. I am interested in developing machine learning techniques to address novel sensor-driven healthcare problems, this sometimes includes natural language processing and vision related applications. Prior to joining Southampton, I was a research assistant at Idiap Research Institute. I obtained my PhD in Computer Science from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011.