- [09/19] Our paper on Cascade Transfer Learning accepted to ISWC.
- [08/19] Our paper accepted at KDD 2019! Watch the video.
- [03/19] Our paper accepted to PervasiveHealth 2019.
- [03/19] Joined editorial board of IMWUT
- [03/19] I'm General Chair for Ubicomp and ISWC!
- [03/19] Mobiuk taking place in Oxford this year!
- [03/19] Our CDT in Machine Intelligence for Nano-Electronic Devices and Systems MINDS has been funded!
- [01/18] Joined the Editorial Board of EPJ Data Science
OverviewWelcome! I am a lecturer in the ECS department at the University of Southampton working in the vision, learning and control VLC Group . The focus of my research is on machine learning applied to large scale mobile phone and wearable sensor datasets. Much of my research has focused on mobile phone data. I also work on mobile phone sensed data-driven applications, basically applications which can make use of human behaviour knowledge extracted from mobile sensed data. One example is the simulation of epidemics from mobile phone sensed physical proximity data. Prior to joining Southampton, I was aresearch assistant at Idiap Research Institute. I obtained my PhD in Computer Science from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011.