Christpher James Gutteridge
Marital status: Single
Date of Birth: 2nd February 1976
Has wide experience in the field of information technology and computing
and an active interest in internet based technology. Enjoys solving
- Interfacing databases with the Web
- Able to operate at a number of graphics packages, most notably the GIMP (some of my scripts are included in the current distributiion)
- skilled at obtaining information from the www using search engines and related services.
- CGI coding, both small utilities and complex services
- implementing automatic and semi-automatic updating websites.
- providing systems and programming help to users of all abilities
- debugging code in a variety of languages
- basic knowledge of computer hardware
- telephone, e-mail and face to face support
- policing a network; able to deal sensibly with problems arising
- Programmer in Java and Perl, experience with a number of other languages
- Familiar with UNIX and Windows
- Compiling information CD-ROMs
- Experience with most popular applications.
- Experience with SQL
- Expert at regular expressions
- Taught Java to small groups
Has worked for 2 years for the Department of Electronics and Computer Science
at the University of Southampton. Responsibilities include systems
administration, systems helpdesk, teaching support and webmaster.
- Providing general support to both staff and students
- Working on a helpdesk for students programming problems
- Responsible for making sure daily backups of user accounts were done
- Designed and impelemented a web based SQL database.
1994-1997: "Causual" Internet work
Several short internet related jobs while still undergraduate.
- Converted University of Southampton Hartley Libraries "Small Items"
catalogue into a website.
- Performed internet based research for the academic NISS project.
- B.Sc. (Hons), Computer Science, University of Southampton (1997)
- Four 'A' Levels including Maths and Further Maths (1994)