Skip to main navigationSkip to main content
The University of Southampton
Student Services

Emergency contacts during closure times

The Student Services Centre will be closed for Easter from 6pm on Tuesday 16th April 2019. We will remain closed over the Easter period and reopen at 8.30am on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.

If you find you need help during the Easter period the information on this page will guide you to available help and support.

Emergency help

If you find yourself in an emergency situation and require immediate support the following help is available:

Out of hours support

Student Life

The Student Life Team are dedicated to supporting student wellbeing and enhancing the student experience. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact +44(0)23 8059 8180.


University Security

Security will be operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including during closure dates, and can be contacted by calling +44(0)23 8059 2811 or +44(0)23 8055 8477


NHS 999 and 111 services

If you need medical help, call 111 to speak to the NHS. If you are in an emergency situation that requires urgent attention, always call 999. These numbers are free and available 24 hours a day.

Problems in your accommodation

Emergency problems in Halls of Residence which are immediate risk to health, safety, security or wellbeing should be reported to your halls reception either by calling +44(0)23 8059 5777 or in person.

Other support is available for you if you live in halls, or if you live in private-rented accommodation include:


Student Life

The Student Life team are available 24/7 and are dedicated to supporting student wellbeing and enhancing the student experience. Student Life can respond to accidents, emergencies and personal crises. 

Halls maintenance issues

If you find that you have a maintenance issue in your room, please contact your halls reception.

Other people who can help

Don't forget there is help and support outside the University too:

The Samaritans

The Samaritans is a national organisation that you can call or email in confidence if something is troubling you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

Advice Centre

The Advice Centre offers free and confidential help to University of Southampton students. The Advice Centre will be closed from Wednesday 17th April 2019 and will reopen on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.

Lost or stolen passports and visas

If you lose your Biometric Residence Permit or visa vignette during your travels over Easter you will need to apply for a replacement as soon as possible. The process varies depending on visa type and your location (outside or inside the UK).

Click for more information
Privacy Settings