Re: Open Archiving: What are researchers willing to do?

From: sterling stoudenmire <sstouden_at_THELINKS.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:18:59 -0600

it seems to me any law which seeks to prohibit or gatekeep publication of
any finding that has been discovered from research paid for by a government
or contributed under a tax break, or which is subject to a research and
development tax break, or other tax break, or which is conducted on a
government or other tax advantaged facility, should be held to be
unconstitutional.. and if not, then the constitution should be amended to
accomodate open and free publication, republication and edistribution of
any and all such content no matter who wrote it, or when it was written or
who might not like it..

At 09:59 AM 11/16/1999 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
Computer Aided Cell and Molecular Biology (CACMB), not medicine, will find
the cure for cancer and other diseases. There will always be a need for
the trained clinician (MD/RN) but, advanced diagnostic and treatment option
selection has become gene based, has moved from the physician's practice to
the computerized cell and molecular biology laboratory, and appropriate
treatment options should now be based on the personal biology of the
patient.