Invoking Cloture (Again) on "Serials Crisis = Library Underfunding"

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:12:03 +0100

I regret that I must use the moderator's prerogative to invoke cloture
yet again on the recurrent hypothesis summarized in the subject
header.

We have heard the plaint before: The culprit is whoever is denying
libraries the limitless funds to keep paying whatever refereed journal
vendors keep asking.

A little reflection will confirm that no supply/demand problem, elastic
or inelastic, cannot be solved by hypothesizing an evil demon who is
misappropriating the requisite funds.

I shouldn't have let it resurge yet again.

Apologies.

Stevan Harnad