Re: UK "RAE" Evaluations

From: Cliff McKnight <C.Mcknight_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:03:07 +0000

It sounds as though the Chemistry panel is being backward in this. The
recommendation of the Follett Report was that /refereed/ electronic
journals be afforded the same status as the refereed paper journals.
Certainly the panel to which I'm submitted (Library and Information
Management) has said that refereed electronic journal articles will be
acceptable. What's more, I'll be submitting one, from a journal which
has no paper version, the Journal of Digital Information
(http://jodi.ecs.soton.ac.uk/)

Cliff McKnight
Department of Information Science
Loughborough University, UK