Re: Recent Comments by Albert Henderson

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:36:54 +0100

I regret that I have to invoke the moderator's prerogative with Albert
Henderson yet again.

This Forum is not for quoting 84 lines of Newt Gingrich's congressional
rambling about science, nor for Albert Henderson's approbatory
pronouncements on that memorable prose.

None of this has anything to do with the topic of this Forum -- to which
the only lip-service paid in the 109 lines was "the prospect of author
self-archiving promises to simply add to the mire of incoherence and
chaos."

Fine. Sentiment duly recorded.

Now let us return our attention to the explicit objective of this
Forum, which is to free this mire of incoherence and chaos (the
refereed journal literature) on-line, for one and all, at long last.

Stevan Harnad
Moderator