Re: Producer Give-Aways Vs. Consumer Rip-Offs

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:02:31 +0100

As I suspected, Peter and I are in almost 100% agreement. My cautionary
suggestion (to prominently tag consumer-ripoff-facilitators so as to
distinguish them unequivocally from producer-giveaway-facilitators) was only
made in the hope of preventing misunderstandings on the part of others
who, unlike Peter, have not yet given this crucial distinction enough
thought.

Stevan Harnad harnad_at_cogsci.soton.ac.uk
Professor of Cognitive Science harnad_at_princeton.edu
Department of Electronics and phone: +44 23-80 592-582
             Computer Science fax: +44 23-80 592-865
University of Southampton http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/
Highfield, Southampton http://www.princeton.edu/~harnad/
SO17 1BJ UNITED KINGDOM

NOTE: A complete archive of the ongoing discussion of providing free
access to the refereed journal literature online is available at the
American Scientist September Forum (98 & 99 & 00 & 01):

You may join the list at the site above.

Discussion can be posted to: