Re: Reasons for freeing the primary research literature

From: hbosc_at_tours.inra.fr <hbosc_at_TOURS.INRA.FR>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:54:51 +0200

At 11:44 21/08/01 +0100, vous avez écrit:
>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Albert Henderson wrote:
>
> > on Fri, 17 Aug 2001 Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > The 36% referred to the number of authors that updated their reference
> > > at that time: this is another irrelevant statistic (for Albert's
> > > purposes), about which the author, Tim Brody, has already posted a
> > > response to this Forum.
> > >
> > > http://opcit.eprints.org/tdb198/opcit/
> > > http://opcit.eprints.org/ijh198/
> >
> > Now that this source is clearly involved in a
> > propaganda campaign where conclusions are so often
> > unrelated to the facts, who would take it seriously?
> >

>I put again what I asked in a previous post: why are you (are
>you?) against providing public, Internet based access to the primary
>"give-away" literature?

May I share my feeling ? I think that Albert plays a kind of Devil's
Advocate because he his just looking for "celebrity". He has succeeded :
look at the number of message and reactions he has generated on this forum.
His name is now as "famous" as Stevan's.

>--
>Tim Brody
>Computer Science, University of Southampton
>email: tdb198_at_soton.ac.uk
>Web: http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tdb198/

Helene Bosc
Bibliotheque
Unite Physiologie de la Reproduction
et des Comportements
UMR 6073 INRA-CNRS-Universite F. Rabelais
37380 Nouzilly
     France

http://www.tours.inra.fr/
TEL : 02 47 42 78 00