Re: JHEP will convert from toll-free-access to toll-based access

From: Katherine Porter <Porter_at_LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:04:43 -0600

This prevents an interesting opportunity to see how important free
access is to the status of a journal. The IOP press release speaks
in glowing terms of JHEP's importance, it's 6.6 impact factor
attained in just 1 year. I wonder if this would be true had it cost
$900 from issue 1. I wonder what the impact will be in 2004 or
2005 when it is no longer free.
Kitty Porter
Stevenson Science & Engineering Library
419 21st Avenue South