Re: "Copyleft" article in New Scientist

From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang_at_inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:20:48 +0100

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:00:27PM +0000, Stevan Harnad wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Chris Zielinski wrote:
> > Stevan Harnad wrote:
> > >
> > > [. . .] Apart from wanting to be
> > > properly credited for its authorship (i.e., protected from plagiarism)
> > > and to be ensured that the text is not altered or corrupted in any
> >
> > I have to confess that I have no real idea what this latter
> > condition really means. Misattribution of authorship for
> > subsequent revisions and work is certainly an issue, but
> > just what does it mean for the author to assert that the
> > text is not to be altered or corrupted?
>
> It means that copies must be verbatim, and the authorship and original
> locus of publication must be clearly stated. It also means that, apart
> from explicit quoting or excerpting (where the source and locus must
> again be explicitly specified) there mayt be no alteration in
> reproducing the text.

Your choice ... not mine ... for my own production, of course

  http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lang/licence/v1/fddl.html

  But copyright says I am free to fix my rules for myself.
  Some others have chosen similar rules.

  http://www.openresources.com/magazine/license/

Bernard

--
Bernard.Lang_at_inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 1 3963 5644
                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX