Re: Developing an agenda for institutional e-print archives

From: William Nixon <W.Nixon_at_lib.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:00:20 +0100

> http://eprints.lib.gla.ac.uk
>
> And, of course, for Glasgow too, the real task starts now: getting the
> archive filled, promptly, and across disciplines, university-wide!

Yes, the real challenge now is to fill these archives - it will be
interesting to see what impact the successful FAIR bids will have in
pushing UK universities forward in this endeavour.

I am finalising a local FAQ based on much of yours
http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/
to provide our staff with a ready reckoner of why ePrints is a GOOD
thing and should be supported/encouraged. I will also now be visiting
various departments and having one on one meetings to evangelise and
support the service from the ground up.

Best wishes,

William J Nixon, Deputy Head of IT Services / Project Co-ordinator
Glasgow University Library, Hillhead Street, Glasgow, G12 8QE, Scotland, UK
e-mail: w.j.nixon_at_lib.gla.ac.uk www:
http://www.lib.gla.ac.uk/staff/wnixon
tel: +44 (0)141 330 6721 fax: +44 (0)141 330 4952