Re: Book on future of STM publishers

From: Fytton Rowland <J.F.Rowland_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:35:12 +0100

It has always been quite easy (if you have the money) to get a book printed.
Publishers are not printers. The business of getting a book printed is only
one (and not the most important) of a publishing company's functions. Editing
to improve the quality of the raw product from the author is one of the
important ones, and marketing to bring it to the attention of those who might
be interested in its content is the other. I believe that both of these
functions remain important in an electronic-only environment.

Fytton Rowland.