How many papers are there in the OAI-compliant archives?

From: Imre Simon <is_at_IME.USP.BR>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:55:00 -0200

Hi,

I am new to this list and please forgive me if my question has a well
known answer.

I would like to interest some people (and some Institutions too) in
Brazil to start self-archiving their work. It would be helpful to have
some statistics about the dimensions of the OAI-compliant archives and
at what rate are they growing? What is the proportion of the papers
whose full text is also available?

Do these statistics exist, and where are they? So far I couldn't find
them.

In case they do not exist, what would be the most interesting numbers
to measure? Don't you think that it would be wise to document the
evolution of the dimensions of the OAI-compliant library while
everybody is sweating to climb the mountain?

Thanks in advance,

Imre Simon