Re: Online Self-Archiving: Distinguishing the Optimal from the Optional

From: David Goodman <dgoodman_at_PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:31:14 -0500

Arthur, the APS, is in my opinion one of the most progressive
publishers. Serving a profession with some sophistication in these
matters, it has the opportunity to continue to lead the way.
I am, personally, happy with what it has done in the past, and expect to
be equally happy with what it wil do in the future.
There are very few journal publishers of whom I or any librarian could say
the same.

I refrain from public comment on academic institutions
and their leadership.

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Arthur P.
Smith wrote:

> Hi David! Do you count as one of our less than happy librarians?

> proposal along these lines to the AAU provosts but that doesn't seem
> be making much progress... We're ready, anyway, if the
> libraries/institutions are ready to do their part.

Dr. David Goodman
Princeton University Library
and
Palmer School of Librarianship, LIU