(unknown charset) Re: Grant for founding new open-access journals

From: (unknown charset) Eberhard R. Hilf <hilf_at_PHYSNET.PHYSIK.UNI-OLDENBURG.DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:21:04 +0100

in Physics we know of 55 Physics refereed ejournals alone.
see http://www.physnet.de/PhysNet/journals.html

In total, across all fields, the number of free full text ejournals should
be far beyond 200,
http://rzblx1.uni-regensburg.de/ezeit/index.phtml?bibid=AAAAA&colors=7&lang=en
"the Electronic Journals Library" of Regensburg
gives 3.309 in total!! in contrast to 12.831 not freely accessible.
That is a ratio of 26 %.
so, do not be that pessimistic.
Ebs Hilf