Re: Distance Learning and Copyright

From: <informania_at_SUPANET.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:42:22 +0100

It is worth noting that, under UK law, 1) journalism is (and thus
journalists are) specifically excluded from moral rights and 2) that moral
rights claimed by any qualifying author are waivable (so that the author can
be pressured into renouncing his/her moral rights by a publisher or
producer - this is the norm in UK script writing contracts, for example),
and that, in continental jurisdictions, droit morale and droit d'auteur are
distinct.

Chris

Chris Zielinski
Director, Information Waystations and Staging Posts Network
Currently External Relations Officer, HTP/WHO
Avenue Appia, CH-1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: 004122-7914435 Mobile: 0044797-10-45354
e-mail: zielinskic_at_who.int and informania_at_supanet.com
web site: http://www.iwsp.org