Re: Third World Academy of Sciences and open access

From: Barbara Kirsop <barbara_at_biostrat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:25:58 +0100

  Thanks, Arun, for your paper and letter to TWAS. Does anyone know what
liklihood there is of OA being raised at the forthcoming WSIS meeting?
I am out of touch with UK discussions and proposals and although I
proposed an OA resolution at a British Council meeting last year I am
unsure if this has been taken up. Maybe colleagues you have written to
could chase this with their national committees.

Attached for your information is a recent position statement on OA from
the Wellcome Trust. [See separate posting on "Wellcome Trust statement
on open access" https://mx2.arl.org/Lists/SPARC-OAForum/ ]

Barbara
Electronic Publishing Trust for Development