Re: The Special Case of Law Reviews

From: Dan Hunter <hunterd_at_WHARTON.UPENN.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:14:39 -0500

The law professor gets it. The (untenured) law professor just doesn't
have the bargaining position to negotiate a change in the contract when
the elite journals (that I rely on to get tenure) have explicitly said
that they won't negotiate contract terms and that if I don't like it I
can piss elsewhere.

And, seriously, if you think that the solution to this problem is
individual contractual responsibility then I would, with the greatest
of respect to you, suggest that you're part of the problem.

Dan Hunter.