Re: Project RoMEO Listing of Journal Copyright Agreements

From: Charles Oppenheim <C.Oppenheim_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:58:04 -0000

55% of those journals whose policies we at ROMEO examined allow
self-archiving. Since no one is agreed how many journals there really are,
and since we did not in any case have the resources to check every single
one, it is impossible to provide the figure for "all journals". It is
probably fair to say that the journal list covers virtually all the
"important" journals in the world. Statistically, it is likely that the
sample was "typical" of the population of journals as a whole.

However, if Mr Schneider would care to undertake the necessary work to do
the comprehensive work, we would all applaud him.

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim
Department of Information Science
Loughborough University