Re: Open Access Does Not require Republishing and Reprinting Rights

From: Jan Velterop <jan_at_biomedcentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:05:01 +0000

There is nothing against copyright. There is everything against copyright
(or exclusive distribution rights) on research articles being transferred to
the kind of publishers who subsequently use it to restrict - severely
restrict - their dissemination and optimal use. Authors of research articles
should keep their copyright and if they use it properly, they use it to
ensure maximum dissemination, which is where their real interest lies.

Jan Velterop