Re: Mandating OA around the corner?

From: Barbara Kirsop <barbara_at_biostrat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:07:31 +0100

In the Guardian report today, headed 'MPs back free access to research
results', it says 'The results of publicly funded scientific research
carried out in Britain should be made freely available to all and the
government should help universities fund digital archives of their
academic work ..'. Additionally it says 'the jury is still out' on the
author pays model, and says Elsevier now allows authors to archive their
published work. There is a recommendation that funders of research
'mandate their funded researchers to deposit a copy of all their
articles in their institutions's repository within one month of
publication or a reasonable period'.

Barbara Kirsop