OAN is the "paper of record" for the OA movement

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:27:11 +0000

    From: Open Access News

    Testimonial: OAN is the "paper of record" for the OA movement

    Karen Schneider, a.k.a. Free Range Librarian,
    http://freerangelibrarian.com/
    has classed Open Access News
    http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html
    among the blogs worth reading.
    http://freerangelibrarian.com/archives/021605/blogs_worth_reading.php

    Excerpt: 'I track over 100 blogs, but I really like several dozen, and
    they are all over the map--news, librariana, literature, technology,
    opinion, humor, and other kibbles and bits. This week I'll talk about
    two very different blogs, one from academia/librarianship and the
    other from the world of books: Open Access News and Beatrix....It's
    fascinating to watch the open access movement develop, and this blog
    is its paper of record. Additional features include definitions
    of open access, a detailed timeline of the open access movement,
    and related links.' (Thanks, Karen!) Permanent link to this post

    Posted by Peter Suber at 7:17 AM.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2005_02_13_fosblogarchive.html#a110881578614282050

Congratulations and thanks to Peter Suber for his invaluable and
unflagging contributions to launching the Open Access era.

Stevan Harnad