Re: Scientometric OAI Search Engines

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:18:52 +0000

You can't find what ain't there. For some reason some in the library
community keep thinking the accessibility problem is the findability
problem. It's not. But let's wait to discuss whether it's suitably
findable till the day it's all safely up there. Right now, only 15% of it
is, and that's hardly worth honing up high-tech search tools for...

Stevan Harnad

P.S. the problem is not classifying or preserving it either: It's getting
it up there, i.e., keystrokes (and keystroke policies)...