Ingegerd Rabow

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:28:55 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:50:35 -0500
From: Peter Suber <peters_at_earlham.edu>

I have the pleasure to announce that the Faculty of Humanities at Lund
University has decided to award to Ingegerd Rabow, The Library head
Office, Lund University a honorary doctorate for her work in Scholarly
Communication and Open-Access.

As project manager for the ScieCom - Swedish Resource Centre for
Scientific Communication (http://www.sciecom.org), one of the driving
forces behind the Nordic Conferences on Scholarly Communication
(http://www.lub.lu.se/ncsc2006) and her work as an Open Access advocate
within Sweden, the Nordic countries and elsewhere Ingegerd has contributed
significantly to the movement for open access to research results.

The Lund University OA-policy, the signatures to the Berlin Declaration
by the Swedish Association of Higher Education and the Swedish Research
Council has a lot to do with Ingegerds work.

We are all very fortunate being able to benefit from Ingegerds incredible
capacity. The honorary doctorate is very well deserved

Lars Björnshauge
Director of Libraries
Lund University Libraries, Head Office
P.O.Box 134, SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden