Risk Analysis

From: Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:47:50 +1100

Many research institutions are deciding to set up Open Access Repositories.
I have seen a lot of postings about why you should do this, but the Risk
Analysis often seems to be left off the list of important tasks.

Here is a generic risk analysis for any university or research organization.
It pinpoints the key risks that you will need to manage, and which are
actually not significant risks.
http://eprints.utas.edu.au/266/ I hope that you find
this document useful (only 9 pages), and you have my permission to customize
it for your university.

If you are contemplating a more grandiose type of repository, then you
should still find this very useful, because the Open Access Repository is in
fact quite enough to bite off for a first implementation, and its risks are
significant.

Arthur Sale