Re: Practice what you preach (fwd)

From: George Porter <george_at_LIBRARY.CALTECH.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:29:31 -0700

Two of the library's hourly staff joined me in processing, as time
permits, the "low-hanging fruit" described in my recent viewpoint column
in Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship.

George S. Porter, Let's Get it Started! Issues in Science and
Technology Librarianship, Summer 2006.
<http://www.istl.org/06-summer/viewpoints.html>

The other key event, reflected in the graphic, is a May 2005 decision to
personally begin harvesting and processing said "low-hanging fruit",
rather than waiting for faculty to volunteer administrative staff for
training.

<<pastedGraphic.jpg>>

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA 91125-4300
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681
http://library.caltech.edu
contributor http://stlq.info