The acquisition of open access research articles

From: Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:16:50 +1000

I have just finalized and submitted a new paper to a journal on how
authors upload their papers in universities with mandatory deposit
policies. Amongst the significant findings is that by six months after
publication date, >80% of authors have already deposited. Also it seems
to take 2-3 years for a university mandatory policy to become fully
institutionalized, though the process is almost instant with departmental
mandates. The data is drawn from my own university, Queensland University
of Technology in Australia, and the University of Southampton in the UK.

I&#8217;ve uploaded it to the UTas ePrints repository at

http://eprints.utas.edu.au/375/ should you wish to
read it or refer others to it.

Arthur Sale
University of Tasmania