Re: Open Research Metrics

From: Jose Manuel Barrueco <barrueco_at_UV.ES>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:13:08 +0100

        Following this discussion about metrics I would like to bring to
your attention a new service we have started in RePEc to rank working
papers series and journals in Economics:

        http://citec.repec.org/s/

        references are automatically extracted from open access documents,
mainly series of working papers. They should be completed with data from
journals but editors are reluctan to collaborate with us. Only Taylor &
Francis has accepted to give us metadata about citations in their
articles. At the moment we provide citation data for almost 100k
documents.

        RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) is a collaborative effort of
hundreds of volunteers in 57 countries and 34 US states to enhance the
dissemination of research in economics. The heart of the project is a
decentralized database of working papers, journal articles and software
components.

        Comments are welcome. Regards,

  ---
  José Manuel Barrueco http://www.uv.es/=barrueco