Invoking cloture on "pit-bull" thread

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:15:09 +0000

Dear AmSci Forum Members,

Owing to (very valid) complaints from members of the Forum, I must
invoke cloture on the "pit-bull" discussion thread (and the kindred
sub-threads it has spawned).

Several years ago it was announced that this Forum would be restricted to
substantive discussion of concrete, practical, OA policy:

    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/3722.html

There are now several other OA lists on which the debates and speculations
of years past can continue to be rehearsed. AmSci has aired all of these,
abundantly, since 1998.

We have many of the major US university provosts on this list, as well
as many other busy policy-makers from around the world. Please let us
not drive them off by taking up their time with squabbling. There are
so many more important OA matters afoot.

Sincerely,

Stevan Harnad
Moderator, American Scientist Open Access Forum