Re: Challenge to "OA" Publishers Who Oppose Mandating OA via Self-Archiving

From: Napoleon Miradon <nmiradon_at_YAHOO.FR>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:36:39 +0000

Subbiah Arunachalam said

>the reports scientist submits to the funding agency

>are just brief summaries of the work performed. Or do

>they, in Europe, include the full text of research

>papers published in the report? Please let me know.

A quick google search for

<<"annual report" "European Commission" Research>>

gives as first hit an annual report of 22 pages of pdf -

just for one deliverable, in the first year.*

This seems to be typical. In fact it would not be possible

for the dossier to be approved 'bon à payer', if the report

were "just a brief summary". The report has to provide enough

detail to convince the Commission Services that the work

foreseen under the contract/grant agreement has been indeed

been done.

Interestingly, Google already knows about lots of other EU project

reports.**

Bien à vous
N Miradon

*(Deliverable DN4.0.3,1 Annual Report on Support for

Research Networking in Less Advanced Regions ^Ö Year 1).

**It also led to 295 entries with the tag "European Union"

in the OA archive Organic Eprints,

http://orgprints.org/view/projects/projects.html

But these seem to be mostly published papers, not reports to

the Commission.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com